(anyone who has read Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block will know what I mean about the 4th Trimester. We followed the 5 S's with Lil D and continue to do so with Joey. It is a little different since Joey is considered a late term preemie but I think the concept still holds true. )
Here are some pictures from the past week and some random facts:
- As of monday December 7th, Joey is 7lbs 1 ounce.
- He is sleeping anywhere from 2 - 4 hours at a time
- drinking 2 - 2 1/2 ounces of breastmilk per feeding
- Loves his swing and getting used to the bouncer seat. Most of all loves to be held.
- Cries the second his diaper is wet or he realizes he is hungry.
- Tries to suck his thumb. David loves that he is doing this and says "quick get him a silky"
- Doesn't like his hands to be swaddled in the blanket nor does he like wearing his little hats.
- Fits into NB newborn clothes and diapers. Size 0-3 months is still too big.
- Smiles and makes really cute faces (I am sure this is unintentional at this point but it is still really sweet)
- Has light blondish hair and his eyes are still blue.
- We do tummy time everyday and his neck and arms are getting strong
- Was not pleased with his first bath in the tubby. Little David was a great big helper!
- David is being a great big brother. He loves to touch the baby's head and says after kissing him that he is "rubbing in the kiss so it goes straight to Joey's heart"
Trying to suck his thumb.
Chill'n in the pack n play. He loves that blue whale.
Asleep in the swing (thanks Auntie Karen!)
Mommy post partum. Picture taken by a 4 1/2 year old...LOL
My two handsome little men!
Thanks for looking!