Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh Babycakes!

We had the same belgian waffle maker for about 11 years!  It still worked pretty well but unfortunately it was pulled down from the counter (luckily when it was cold) and the plastic cracked.  I am very very thankful that no one got hurt and I learned my lesson that Joey can reach so much more than I think.  Oh by the way, we used it all the time, like at least 3 -4 times a week.

So off to Kohls for a new waffle maker. The day we went there was only three or four to choose from.  We picked the Food Network square Belgian Waffle Maker.  Needless to say, I didn't do research first and it was returned two days later.  The reviews were not too good for a $60.00 heavy duty belgian waffle maker, as I found out after purchasing it.   I had tried making three different batches and none of them would adhere to form a waffle and they just stuck.  And yes, I did read the instructions...a few times.

I picked the Babycakes Waffle Stick Maker.  I had also previously bought the Babycakes CakePop Maker.  So far I love them both.  From what I have read, the Waffle Stick Maker is new and isn't even on the Babycakes Shop website yet. Supposedly Kohls is the first to have them.  
These little appliances are so colorful (one is orange and one is purple).  They are not too big and they make such fun food!!!  The waffle sticks are perfect for Joey's little hands.  I would say they are about the size of a twinkie snack.  Both machines come with instruction books and recipes.

So far we used the cake pop maker for Apple Cider/Cinnamin "donut holes".   The great thing is you can control your ingredients and they are baked not fried.  I used my Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend sprinkled on top.  They were pretty yummy.  I bought the mix at Kohls for the lemon cakepops and the chocolate ones too.  Can't wait to try them! 

1 comment:

StarvingBitch said...

You are making me hungry for waffles