Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

As I Grow...

As I Grow
Author: Helene Rothschild

As I grow please...
Understand that I am growing up
and changing very fast. It must be
difficult to keep pace, but please try.

As I grow please...
Listen to me and give me brief,
clear answers to my questions.
Then I will keep sharing my thoughts and feelings.

As I grow please...
Reward me for telling the truth,
Then I am not frightened into lying.

As I grow please...
Tell me when you make mistakes
 and what you learned from them.
 then I can accept that I am O.K,
 even when i blunder

As I grow please..
Pay attention to me and
spend time with me.
Then I can believe that
 I am important and worthwhile.

As I grow please...
Do the things that you want me to do.
Then I have a good, positive role model.

As I grow please...
Trust and respect me.
Even though I am smaller than you,
I have feelings and needs, just like you.

As I grow please...
Compliment and appreciate me.
Then I will feel good and
I will want to continue to please you.

As I grow please...
Help me explore my unique interest,
talents, and potential in order
 for me to be happy.
 I need to be me and not you
 or someone you want me to be.

As I grow please...
Be an Individual and create your own happiness.
Then you can teach me the same
and I can live a happy, successful and fulfilling life.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME!

No comments: